REVISED PARISH IMPLEMENTING GUIDELINES FOR THE REOPENING OF PUBLIC WORSHIP
As of July 1, 2020
- The Diocese of Cubao will have a simultaneous reopening of Public Worship on a designated day the Bishop will announce following the Government’s declaration of Modified General Community Quarantine (MGCQ).
- Following the mandatory physical distancing, our Parish will be able to accommodate only a maximum of 200 Massgoers at one time.
- Massgoers will be accommodated on a “first come, first served” basis. Online reservation of seats will also be available. Details of the online reservation process will be posted soon.
- During Masses, the main gate (on Laurel Street corner Agoncillo Street) will be designated as the Entrance for the “first-come, first-served basis” and Gate 3 (on Apacible Street) as the Entrance for the Online Reservations.
- Before entering the gates, the guard will check the temperature of Massgoers using a thermal scanner. Those with high body temperature will be advised to go home or have themselves checked at the UP Health Service.
- For the purposes of contact tracing, a form will be given out to be accomplished by the Massgoer while waiting for the Mass and will be handed back to the ushers as the Massgoer exits the Church after the Mass.
- Ushers will spray alcohol to help sanitize the hands of the Massgoers.
- Before entering the Church the Massgoers will disinfect their footwears by stomping on the Sanitation Stomp Mat (Footbath).
- Inside the Church, the pews are marked with signages in order to identify the seat numbers and seats that can be occupied. Seats that can be occupied are so marked to implement physical distancing.
- Wearing of masks inside the Church during the Mass is mandatory.
- Holding hands during the “Our Father” and shaking hands during the giving of “Peace” is prohibited.
- Envelopes for Offerings will be provided in the pews. The Offerings will be dropped in the Collection Boxes placed near the Exits. Massgoers can put their Offerings after the Mass as they go out.
- During Communion, the Massgoers will line up row by row along the designated Communion lines. They are to ensure physical distancing by following the markers on the floor.
- Communion will be received mandatorily by hand. Before Communion the priest will say aloud “The Body of Christ” and the congregation will respond “Amen.” Then, Communion will be given and received in silence.
- After the Mass, the Massgoers can exit thru gate 5 (Agoncillo Street) or gate 2 (Apacible Street). In the meantime, the pews shall be disinfected for the use of the next batch of Massgoers.
- Those who wish to pray before the images and statues of Jesus, Mary, and the saints are advised not to touch them. Signages will be put up to remind our devotees.
- Due to the mandatory physical distancing, the number of Massgoers that can be seated will be greatly reduced (from 700 to 200). There is a need to add more Anticipated Sunday Masses on Saturdays to be able to allow more Massgoers to celebrate the Sunday Liturgy. Thus, our Anticipated Masses on Saturdays will be as follows: 4:00 PM, 6:00 PM & 8:00 PM. (Saturday Morning Liturgy will be at 7:00 AM & 12:00 NN.)
- Due to the Procedural Requirements before the Mass and the Disinfection Requirement every after Mass, a minimum one-hour interval between Masses will have to be implemented. Thus, our new Schedule of Sunday Masses will be as follows: 7:00 AM, 9:00 AM, 12:00NN, 4:00 PM, 6:00 PM, and 8:00 PM.
- 0ur new Weekday Masses (Monday to Friday) will be as follows: 7:00 AM, 12:00NN, 6:00 PM.
- Livestreaming of our Masses will continue to enable those who can not go to Church to still join our Services. The live streaming will be at 12:00NN and 6:00 PM on Mondays to Saturdays and 9:00 AM, 12:00 NN, and 6:00 PM on Sundays.
- The celebration of the other Sacraments (Baptism, Confirmation, Marriage, Reconciliation, Anointing of the Sick) and Rite of Blessing (Funeral, Sick, Sacred Images and Religious Items, Vehicles, etc.) are also allowed following the Guidelines & Protocols set by IATF, CBCP and the Diocese of Cubao.
For these, you may contact our Parish Office at:
09777271965 or 09494690541 or
message us through our Facebook: Parish of the Holy Sacrifice, for an appointment.
- Our Parish Office will tentatively reopen on July 16, 2020. Our new Parish Office Hours is 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Tuesday to Sunday. Parish Office is closed on Mondays.
Rev. Fr. Jose “Bong” S. Tupino III